Canadian Carbon Capture and Storage Organizations
Canada has various organizations dedicated to increasing knowledge around Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). Each organization has a unique mandate but they are all working towards the large scale deployment of CCS.
- CCS 101 – provides information and outreach on CCS to the public.
- Carbon Management Canada – is a Centre of Excellence for Canadian academic institutions that are working to find innovative, game-changing ways to reduce levels of carbon produced by the upstream fossil fuel industry.
- International Performance Assessment Centre for Geological Storage of CO2 (IPAC CO2) – works to gain public and regulator confidence in the geological storage of carbon dioxide.
- Petroleum Technology Research Centre (PTRC) – oversees various CCS research projects with a focus on measurement, monitoring and verification.
- Canadian Clean Power Coalition – researches technologies with the goal of developing and advancing commercially viable solutions that lower coal power plant emissions.
- CCS Nova Scotia – collaborative effort to assess CCS potential in Nova Scotia.
For a complete list of organizations please see our Links page.